WORLD OF TANKS PLAYSTATION 4 SWEEPSTAKES
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. THESE RULES DESCRIBE HOW YOU CAN ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES WITHOUT REGISTERING FOR A WARGAMING.NET ACCOUNT OR COMPLETING OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA ACTIONS IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS ONLY VALID IN THE 50 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES AND D.C.
- THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS (1) WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 STATES OF THE UNITED STATES & D.C. AND (2) WHO HAVE REACHED 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. PARTICIPANTS MUST ALSO MEET THE OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN SECTION 4 BELOW.
- BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, EACH ENTRANT CERTIFIES THAT HE/SHE MEETS ALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND AGREES TO ACCEPT AND BE BOUND BY ALL TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES (“OFFICIAL RULES”). If you do not agree to be bound by the official rules, you may not participate in this SWEEPSTAKES.
- PRIOR TO RECEIVING ANY PRIZE OR AWARD WORTH MORE THAN $600, WINNERS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A COMPLETED W9 FORM AND CERTAIN OTHER PAPERWORK DETAILED BELOW.
- THE TOTAL VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS US$4,400.
This sweepstakes – WORLD OF TANKS PLAYSTATION 4 SWEEPSTAKES (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Wargaming America, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), PO Box 8250, Emeryville, CA 94662.
- Sweepstakes Dates
ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ONLY FROM 12:00 PM PST JANUARY 8, 2016 THROUGH 12:00 PM PST FEBRUARY 19, 2016 (the “Entry Period”). In these Official Rules, all times are Pacific times in the USA. The Prize listed below will be awarded between FEBRUARY 22, 2016 and APRIL 15, 2016 (the “Award Period”).
- Description of the Prize
- Subject to these Official Rules, there will be eight (8) winners of the Sweepstakes (“Winner”) selected among all the eligible Entrants (collectively, the “Prize Winner(s)”)
The Winner will receive:
- 3-day Tickets for winner and a guest to PAX East 2016 in Boston, MA between April 22, 2016 and April 24, 2016, provided that the guest also agrees in writing to the permissions, waivers and other rules below
- 1 (one) World of Tanks-skinned PlayStation 4
- 1 (one) World of Tanks PlayStation 4 Founder’s Pack 4 (consisting of the following in-game goods: M4A2E4 Ripper, T23E3, T-34-88, KV-220, Pz.Kpfw. 38H 735 (f), 15 x Garage Slots, 30 x Premium Days, 4000000 Silver)
- No other items are included in the prize except for those stated herein and Sponsor is not responsible for any additional costs. If the winner decides not to bring a guest, no other compensation will be awarded.
- Participation in this Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who enter in accordance with Section 5 of these Rules. This Sweepstakes is only offered in the 50 states of the United States & D.C. All entrants must be 18 years old or older at the time of entry.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the following are NOT ELIGIBLE to participate in this Sweepstakes: (i) employees, officers, directors and agents of Sponsor, Sponsor’s licensees, and their respective affiliates and agents (the “Sponsor Parties”); (ii) parents, spouses, children, brothers and sisters of Sponsor Parties; and (iii) individuals living in the same household as Sponsor Parties.
- Each Entrant is responsible for providing accurate information as to his/her name, age, email address and phone number. Individuals that provide information reasonably determined by Sponsor (in its sole discretion) to be incomplete, false or deceptive, will be ineligible to participate or (if they have already participated) to win this Sweepstakes.
- To be eligible to receive the Prize with cash value over $600, you will have to complete a W9 form and return the completed form to the Sponsor. You do not need to complete a W9 to participate in this Sweepstakes, only to receive a prize with cash value over $600.
- How to Enter
To enter, an eligible individual must, during the Entry Period, do one or more of the following actions as specifically prompted by the Gleam Tool at www.wotps4.com:
- Sign up for the World of Tanks PS4 Newsletter
- Visit World of Tanks Console on Facebook
- Follow @WoTConsole on Twitter
- Retweet @WoTConsole on Twitter
- Tweet with the #wotps4 Hashtag (can be
- Follow @wargaming on Instagram
- Subscribe to Wargaming on YouTube
- Watch the World of Tanks PS4 Trailer
- Follow wargaming on Twitch.tv
- Refer Friends for Extra Entries
Alternatively, an eligible individual may enter into the sweepstakes by sending a self-addressed, stamped letter to:
Wargaming America, Inc.
PO Box 8250 Emeryville, CA 94662
Please specify “ATTN: WORLD OF TANKS PLAYSTATION 4 SWEEPSTAKES” on the envelope. Only one entry per envelope.
6. Entrant’s Certification as to His/Her Entry
By entering, each entrant represents and warrants that his/her entry (and each element thereof): (i) complies with these Official Rules; and (ii) is true, accurate and correct.
7. Receiving a Sweepstakes Prize
- Each entry received by the permissible entry method will remain in a prize eligible pool until the end of the Sweepstakes. From this pool the Sponsor will select the winner on the dates indicated above.
- The potential Prize winner will be notified by email. The potential Prize winner may be required to sign the following documents (hereinafter, the “Prize Claim Documents”) and return them via facsimile or email (by .pdf file attachment) within five (5) days of attempted notification (and subsequently return the original, unmodified, executed documents by mail to Sponsor’s address set forth above): (i) a W9 tax form; and (ii) a Waiver and Release of Liability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any part thereof with a prize or element of equal or greater value in its sole discretion. If the Prize Claim Documents sent to the potential Prize winner by any means are returned as undeliverable, or if the potential Prize winner fails or refuses to properly sign and return all Prize Claim Documents within the above-stated time period, or if the potential Prize winner (and/or his/her entry content) is determined by Sponsor (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, the potential Prize winner will be disqualified and alternative entry will be selected as the potential Prize winner. In the event that a randomly-selected winner declines his or her prize for any reason, the Sponsor may select any entry from the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion, (an “Alternative Entrant”) and offer the declined prize to that Alternative Entrant, in each case in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
8. Administration of the Sweepstakes
After the Entry Period, all entries will be eligible to be selected at random (as administered by the Gleam platform), and subject to the alternative selection process described above. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes will vary depending on the number of entries.
9. Grant of Rights with respect to Entrants
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant grants Sponsor and its licensees the right to use the Entrant’s name, image, likeness, voice, photograph, statements and/or Prize information, and/or any portion of any of the foregoing, for promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world and in perpetuity, without compensation or notice to, or further consent of, the Entrant, to the extent permitted by law.
10. Waiver and Release of Liability by Entrants
- By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant, on behalf of himself/herself and his/her heirs, successors, assigns, agents and representatives, and without further compensation of any kind, agrees to forever and irrevocably waive, release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Sponsor Parties, and each of their affiliates, successors and assigns and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, from any and all claims, liabilities, causes of action, legal proceedings, damages, injuries, death, penalties, fines, costs, losses and expenses (including attorney’s fees and legal costs) that he/she may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction arising from, resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes and the entry and participation therein; the award, acceptance, possession, receipt, travel related to, attendance at, delivery of, defect in, inability to use, use or misuse of the Prize or any element thereof; typographical errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes promotional materials; any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, business or creative considerations, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of the Sponsor Parties’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules; any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes; human error; any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Sponsor Parties, or any of their agents or employees; lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof); or the collection, use and/or sharing of entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees. Each prize winner hereby acknowledges that the Sponsor Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize or any component thereof.
- None of the Sponsor Parties shall have any obligation, responsibility or liability with respect to: (i) notifications, communications or materials sent from an entrant to Sponsor or from Sponsor to an entrant, that are lost, late, misdirected, garbled, inaccurate, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, post office or technical error of any kind, (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties, (iii) power-related or weather-related events of any kind, and/or to any events not under Sponsor’s direct control, (iv) entries or other communications from entrants that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with these Official Rules, (v) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmissions, theft, destruction, unauthorized access or alterations by entrant or third parties, and/or (vi) any damage to entrant’s computer system that occurs in connection with accessing Sponsor’s Website and/or submitting entry materials.
- Waiver of California Civil Code Section 1542. Further, entrants are advised that California Civil Code § 1542 provides that: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant, on behalf of himself/herself and his/her heirs, successors, assigns, agents and representatives, acknowledges that he/she understands the significance and consequences of California Civil Code § 1542 and, to the extent it may be applicable, elects to waive the benefits of its provisions, with the intent that this release and waiver of liability in these Sweepstakes Rules shall include claims known or unknown, and unknown and unsuspected.
b. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS LICENSEES (IF ANY) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER AVAILABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES AND/OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND EXPENSES) THAT MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THEM AT ANY TIME, IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANT’S ENTRY MATERIALS, OR THE USE THEREOF, AND/OR BY ENTRANT’S BREACHES OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
12. Sponsor’s Right to Void Entry Submission and Terminate this Sweepstakes
If, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of fraud, electronic or non-electronic tampering or unauthorized intervention with any portion of this Sweepstakes, or if fraud or technical difficulties of any sort (e.g., computer viruses, bugs) compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right to void suspect entry submissions and/or terminate the Sweepstakes and award the Prize in its sole discretion. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter or evaluate repeatedly is prohibited. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant based on an email address, the entry in question may be disqualified subject to the Sponsor’s discretion.
13. Identification of Winners
To the extent permitted or required by law, the Prize winner(s)’ name, city and state of residence may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope, sixty (60) days after the announcement of the Prize winner, to: PO Box 8250, Emeryville, CA 94662. Please specify “ATTN: WINNER REQUEST: WORLD OF TANKS PLAYSTATION 4 SWEEPSTAKES” on the envelope. Only one request per envelope. Such information will be available only for one (1) year after the award of the Prize.
14. General Terms
- BY ENTERING, ALL ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE DECISIONS OF SPONSOR, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- All taxes, fees and surcharges on the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. In the event that the selected winner of the Prize is ineligible or refuses the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may choose whether to award the Prize to another entrant in the Sweepstakes.
TO BE USED ON MARKETING MATERIALS MENTIONING THE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes starts 12:00pm PST on 8/1/16 and ends 12:00pm PST on 2/19/16. Open to legal residents of the 50 states of the United States & DC. Age 18 and older only. Odds of winning vary depending on the number of entries. Go to www.wotps4.com for Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Wargaming America, Inc.